Area: 3550 sq. km Population: 3,096,000 Altitude: Sea level
North is bound by Kozhikode, east Palakkad, south Thrissur districts and west Arabian Sea. Several heritage mansions.
Venkara: Few km from Malappuram. Jamaat Mosque.
Pulamamthole: Some distance from Malappuram town. Sree Rudra Temple.
Kottakkal: 8 km south of Malappuram town.
(1) Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasala. Famous Ayurveda treatment outlet.
(2) PSV Natya Sangam Kathakali School. Kathakali teaching. Students occasionally display talents for tourists’ benefit.
(3) Kottakkal Ayurveda College. Run by Kottakkal Arya Vaidyasala.
(4) Venkatta Thevar Temple. Famous. 64 types of mural paintings. Festival in April.
Keraladeeshapuram Templer: At Tanur. 10 km north of Tirur. Coastal town. Famous. St Francis Xavier, the Apostle of East visited in 1546. Keraladeeshapuram Temple.
Thirunavaya: Few km from Kuttipuram. On the banks of Bharathapuzha. Famous for Hindu religious rituals’ conduct.
Navamukundan Temple: At Thirunavaya. On the banks of Bharathapuzha. Very famous for the last rituals of the departed.
Kuttipuram: 8 km from Thirunavaya. Safi Ayurveda Nursing Home.
Valaanchery: Near Kuttipuram. P K Vaidyar’s Vaidyratnaprabha Vaidysala.
Pazhayangadi Mosque : At Pazhayangadi. 54 km from Karipur Airport (Kozhikode Airport). Famous. Mughal-like architecture. Festival Valia Nercha. Huge crowd gathering.
Perinthalmanna: 20 km from Malappuram. Most developed town in Malappuram district. Sree Krishna Temple on a hill. Star strraction. Thrust of Gulf money reflected all aound.
Angadipuram: 3 km from Perinthalmanna. Thirumanthamkunnu Temple. Famous.
Mankada Kovilakam: At Mankada. 7 km from Manjeri. House of king. No maintenance. No inhabitants. Pathetic sight.
Kadannamana Kovilakam: At Kadannamana. 3 km north of Mankada. Unpolished walls. Condition similar to Mankada Kovilakam. A small temple inside. Exciting ancient weapons inside.
Nilambur: 25 km from Manjeri.
(1) Nilambur Kovilakam. No trace of Kovilakam except a roofed entrance. A temple is there where the Kovilakam was.
(2) Vettakorumakan Temple where the Kovilakam was. Devotees molstly tribals. January.
(3) Nilambur Pattu Utsavam in January. 6 days. At Vettakorumakan temple.
(4) Teak Museum. First of its kind in the world. History and life of teak explained.
(5) Oldest teak in the world.
(6) Mrithika Clay Art Studio. Run by artist Nilambur Sheriff. His tools bamboo sticks and sea shells. Creates wonders.
Tirur: 7 km from Thirunavaya.
(1) Thunjan Smarakam Memorial. Legendary Malayalam poet. Thunjan festival.
(2) Alathiyur Perumthrikovil Temple.
Chamravattom: 15 km west of Tirur. 7 km north of Triparangode. Sastha Temple. On the banks of Bharathapuzha.
Parapanangadi: 5 km north of Tanur. Small costal town. Trading and commerce main vocation.
Anakkayam: Near Malappuram town. At Manjeri-Perunthalmanna Road. Small town. Trade and commerce main vocation.
Manjeri: Medium type town. Located beyond Anakkayam. Both on same route. Main vocation trade an d commerce.
Ponnani : 17 km from Kuttippuram. 22km from Thirunavaya. Coastal town. Valuable monuments. Ancient mosques. Ancient temples.
Padinjarekkara Beach: .At Ponnani. Popular. Bharatapuzhua embraces Arabian sea here. Haven for migratory birds.
Tripangode: 10 km north of Ponnani. Garuda Temple. The only one temple in India dedicated to Garuda.
Kadampuzha Bhagwathy Temple: Few km from Ponnani. Kadampuzha Bhagawathy Temple. Very famous. New vehicles purchased brought for blessings. Stay facility at temple.
Kumbam Handicraft Village: At Aruvacode. Off Ooty-Kozhikode Road. Population Kumban community. Profession pottery making.