The Kerala houseboats cover rivers and canals dotted with palm trees and small houses, paddy fields and churches etc. You get to take a sneak peak into the daily lives of the rural folk. Watch people working in paddy fields, tapping toddy, fishing in the backwaters or sailing on small canoes that are used as mode of transportation. If you want to get a taste of the sweet, traditional, alcoholic beverage of Kerala, you can get out and sample some toddy.
The cruise glides amidst paddy fields, grazing ducks and rich marine life. You can catch the fishermen at work and even do a little shopping on the move and get them cooked to your choice by our cook at no extra cost.
The cruise for the day will wind off with dinner and the boat will be anchored at the lake side. The cruise will begin early in the morning, with breakfast and tea served onboard. The boat will reach the finishing point at 9.30 am.
Everything You Need to Know...
- Included in Price: Overnight Air Conditioning, All Meals
- Not included in Price: Alcohol Beverages
- Facilities Aboard: Television
- Number of Cabins: 2
- Sleeps: 4
- Departure Time:: 12:00 noon
- Departure Point: Kumarakom / Kavanattinkara boat jetty
- Drinks Served: Bottled Water, Sweet Coconut, Tea/Chai, Coffee, Fizzy Drinks
- Meal Choices: Traditional Keralite, Vegetarian
Rates Quoted are per Cruise 2011 / 12 :
Low Season Rates start at 14000 Rupees. (May to beginning October)
Mid Season Rates: 24000 (October - 20th Decmber & 10th Jan to End March)
High Season rates during the Christmas and New Years period can reach 29000