This is one of our most popular tailor-made itineraries for Kerala, ideal if you want to sample the best of this amazing state. The tour includes air-conditioned transfers, good accommodation and, as always, delicious Kerala food.
On top of this you will also have 5 day excursions FREE included in the package, giving you a saving of 5,000 Rupees per person.
Day 01: Cochin - We will meet you at Cochin International Airport where you will be transferred to you first accommodation in the historic area of Fort Cochin. The first day you can relax after your long flight or just chill out or if you would like to watch a Kathakali performance we will organise at a Kathakali theatre. The elaborate costumes and an innovative style of story-telling will keep you intrigued.
Day 02: Cochin
- You can spend the second day exploring the Cochin city. Our English speaking guide will assist you and share interesting history about the area and landmarks of Cochin. You will explore Fort Cochin, and the City Kochi (Cochin) and our guide will show you many attractions including Chinese Fishing Nets, St.Francis Church, Dutch Palace and Jewish Synagogue. Visit Kashi Art Cafe`
in the evening.Watch sunset at the beach.
Day 03: Cochin / Aleppey
After finishing your breakfast, we can drive you down to Alappuzha
, a popular backwater destination. The temperament of Alappuzha
is very rural, and you can embark on Houseboat to enjoy it fully. You will get to see many unique features of Kerala as your houseboat moves along. Flock of ducks waddling and children diving into the waters are some common sights. Reclining on a cushion and drifting through quiet canals, you'll pass through , floating markets, local toddy shops, temples and churches.If you feel like it, you can try your hands at fishing during the anchor sessions. Even the captain can take you to shallow water so that you can have a swim too.
Day 4: Kumarakom
-You can get out at the finishing point, Kumarakom, which is an attractive tourist spot. arrival check-in to backwater resort.Kumarakom is a great opportunity to experience the pulse of Kerala. You can take relaxed strolls and stop to chat up with curious onlookers. The guests can borrow a bicycle from the resort and pedal through the landscapes and experience the beauty of the country sides. Watch the toddy tappers climb up the trees and sample some toddy, a sweet-tasting local beverage. If you prefer to stay indoors, stay inside and enjoy the inhouse activities
Day 5: Kumarakom
- Visit bird sanctuary in the morning and afternoon,take a tour to the Kottayam
town to visit old temples,churches and to the local markets.A walk along the narrow pocket roads in the town will take you to small and beautiful villages.
Day 6: Periyar
/ after breakfast,drive up to Thekkady/Periyar
, which is famous for its wildlife sanctuary. Upon arrival check-in to a hotel. If you are not tired after the long journey,walk around the small tourist village and get familiarised.Do some spice shoppings for cheap price.
Day 7: Periyar
/ One of the largest wild life sanctuaries in India, Periyar
is visited by tourists to watch the animals in their natural habitat. You can take boating trips in the early or late hours to spot these animals. Go for nature walk in the morning, assisted by a guide and discover a horde of flora and fauna. Evening do elephant ride and visit spice plantations.
Day 8: Munnar
/ Situated a three hour drive from Thekkady, Munnar
is an idyllic tourist destination. The picturesque landscapes, mountains, tea gardens and the nice weather add to its romantic appeal. This spot is a favorite among the honeymooners and couples on a romantic getaway. After your round of sight seeing en route, you can head to your hotel.
Day 09: Munnar
- Munnar has a lot of unique things to offer. Visit Rajamalai, a wild life reserve which is around 16 kms from Munnar. You can spot the Tahr ,a rare mountain goat , and many other species of animals here. Visit Mattupetty, a popular picnic spot where you can opt for activities like boating and horse riding. Visit Indo Swiss Dairy Farm is a little ahead of Mattupetty lake is famous for around 100 varieties of cattle. Close by is the Echo Point, which offers you a panoramic view and the thrill of hearing your voice echo.
Day 10 : Munnar / Marari Beach
- After having breakfast at the hotel's restaurant, drive down to Marari beach
, which is five hours away. Check into a beach resort. relax at the swimming poor or at the beach hammock.
Day 11: Marari Beach
- Have a relaxing day at the beach. You can sunbathe at the beach or stretch on the beach deck with your favourite paperback. You can try cycling around the villages,join volley ball,badminton with other inmates.Try the traditional ayurvedic massages. Do not forget to join the daily morning yoga and meditation classes.
Day 12: Marari Beach - You can take a swim at the swimming pool or venture into the sea. You can try cycling around the villages,join volley ball,badminton with other inmates.Visit Aleppey town and visit handicraft shops and museums.Do not forget to join the daily morning yoga and meditation classes.
Day 13: Marari Beach - Wrap up your holiday with a rejuvenating massage or relax at the beach.
Day 14 Departure - Drive to the Cochin International Airport to board the flight.