Area: 2192 sq. km population: 3,234,707 Altitude: Sea level
(1) Padmnabha Swamy Temple. Very famous.
(2) Puthen Malika Palace. Outside Padmanabhaswamy Temple. Within a complex of hordes of palaces.
(4) Zoo. No rival in India for its design and layout.
(5) Napier Museum. Named after the erstwhile British Governor of Madras. Big collections.
(6) Sri Chitra Art Gallery. In the Napier Museum ground. Good collections of paintings.
(7) Ayurveda College. First established in India. All types of treatments done.
(8) Science & Technology Museum. Treasure of science and technology. Plus planetarium.
(9) Sevasadanam Bhavani Arogya Nikethanam, Nalamchira.
(10) Santigiri Hospital Complex (Ayurveda), Pothencode.
(11) Devika Ayurveda Foundation, Opp. Tagore Theater.
(12) Vasudeva Vilasam Nursing Home (Ayurveda), East Fort.
(13) Edison’s Siddha Vaidyasala, Kesavadsapuram.
(14) Sanjeevani Panchakarma Institute & Spiritual Healing Centre, Thottam.
(15) Laxmivilasam Vaidyasala, Pappanamcode Junction.
(16) Chavarcode Ayurvdic Research Centre, Sasthamangalam.
(17) Sree Sankara Ayurveda Hospital, Chennicode.
(18) Sri Dhanwanthari Matom, Pulimoodu.
(19) Triveni Nursing Home(Ayurveda), Vanchiyoor.
(20) Aiswarya Nursing Home (Ayurveda), Punnapuram.
(21) Navaratna Bhooshanam R Sanjeevakumar (Astrologer), Thycaud.
(22) Kovilakam Varma (Astrologer), Karamana.
(23) Kothakulangara B M Das (Astrologer), Manakkad.
(24) Attukal Radhakrishnan (Astrologer), Manakkad.
(25) Attukal Mohanan (Astrologer), Manakkad.
(26) Adarshkumar (Astrologer), Near Medical College.
(27) Dr S Madhavan (Astrologer).
(28) Dr W K Joseph (Astrologer), Near Medical College.
Palayam Palli (Charachira Jama Masjid): At Palayam in the city.
Pazhanchira: In the side of Kovalam Road in the city. Pazhanchira Devi Temple. 7 days festival in March/April.
Manakkad: 2 km from the city. Mukkalakkal Sri Varaham Bhagawathi Temple. Festival in March/April.
Shanmugham Beach: 7 km from the city. Silent. Good Beach.
Karikkakom: 7 km east of Thiruvananthapuram city. Sri Chamundy Temple.
Padmanabhapuram Palace: 55 km south of the city. Now in Tamil Nadu. Owned and governed by Government Kerala Government. Breathtaking, unique.
Vali: 9 km from the city. Vali Tourist Village. Boating and water sports facilities.
Attukal: Near the city. Attukal Bhagawathi Temple. Pongala fame. Placed in Guinness Books of Records.
Akulam: 8 km from the city. Biggest Children’s Park in Kerala.
Kovalam: 13 km from the city.
(1) Kovalam Beach. India’s most famous beach
(2) Kerala Village Fair. During Onam.
(3) Ayurbay Medicus Ayurvedic Centre, Nellikunnu Beach.
Chowara: 8 km from Kovalam.
(1) Fishing village. White-sand beach.
(2) Marine Aquarium. Treasure of marine wealth.
(3) Dr Franklin’s Panchakarma Institute & Research Centre.
Azhimalathura: Little away from Chowara. Azhimlathura Beach. Jumbo stretched.
Neyyattinkara: 15 km from Kovalam. Jyothisha Bhooshanam R Velayudhan Nair (Astrologer).
Venjaramood: Distance from Thiruvananthapuram. M Shibu Narayanan (Astrologer).
Pallichal: Distance from Thiruvananthapuram. Dr K K Nair (Astrologer).
Ponmudi: 61 km from Thiruvananthapuram. Scenic hill station. Mist-clad.
Peppara: 17 km from Ponmudi.
(1) Wildlife Sanctuary.
(2) Peppara Dam. Amidst green bathed hills.
(3) Trekking paradise.
Neyyar: 30 km from Thiruvananthapuram.
(1) Wildlife Sanctuary. Unveils sold colour of wildlife.
(2) Crocodile Protection Centre. Sunning crocodiles.
(3) Lion Safari Park. Some distance away from Wildlife Sanctuary.
Varkala: 46 km north of Thiruvananthapuram.
(2) Janardhanaswamy Temple. Believers confirm that water of temple pond nullify sins.
(3) Papanasini Beach. Dip in the sea at beach considered sacred.
(4) Shivagiri Mutt. Resting places of the mortals of Sree Narayana Guru, eminent spiritual leader and social reformer.