Tasty Aval Vilayichathu-Pushpa Special
- Ready in: 30 mins
- Serves: 4
- Complexity: medium
- Rice Flakes (Aval): 1/2 kg
- Coconut:1 (should be grated)
- Jaggery 1/2 kg (make it into a syrup by adding the jaggery pieces to water and later on melting and straining it)
- Ghee: 1/2 cup
- Cashew Nut : 100 gms
- Ground Nut : 100 gms
- Cardamom: 6-7 (have it powdered)
- Sesame: 2 table spoons
- Vanilla essence:half teaspoon
Fry Rice Flakes lightly (without oil) and keep them aside.
Pour the jaggery syrup into the grated coconut and stir well till it is of thick consistency.
When this is ready, switch off the stove and add the fried aval.Keep mixing till the aval gets coated well.
Heat half cup ghee in a separate pan.
Fry sesame, green gram dal, cashew nuts, ground nuts in ghee and add it to the coated aval.
Mix cardamom powder and vanilla essence for added taste.
Aval vilayichathu is ready to eat. You can have it any time of the day and even store this for almost a month. Serve it with banana.